Fibromyalgia is a condition that can cause sleep disorders. The fact that there is no particular cure to the illness makes it worse for the patient. But there are some lifestyle changes that the person can make to get relief from it. Out of many lifestyle changes, selecting the best mattress for fibromyalgia is the most effective one.
A person who has fibromyalgia might observe symptoms like fatigue, widespread muscle pain, depression, and sleep disorders. Out of all these, sleeping sickness is the most pervasive symptom. Also, not getting proper sleep can lead to muscle pain and fatigue. A sleeping disorder does not only mean ‘lack of sleep or oversleeping.’ Several other factors are associated with a sleeping disorder. Some of them are:
● No deep sleep: A person might be getting enough sleep, but not deep sleep. This can leave them feeling tired despite sleeping for several hours.
● Frequent arousals: Lighter sleep is interrupted by even the tiniest disturbance. Waking up multiple times in the night can irritate the person.
● Sleep apnea: Sleeping disorder might include breathing issues while sleeping. This breath interruption is known as apnea.
● Restless leg syndrome: Under this condition, the person feel urges to move their leg constantly, while trying to sleep. This can stop them from sleeping properly.
There is no particular medicine for fibromyalgia, but doctors might suggest the patient a few lifestyle changes along with some medication. The medication can be expensive, that is why they can try switching their mattresses first. The best mattress for fibromyalgia can help the person with the following factors:
● It can give them extra support and comfort.
● It can apply pressure on the correct points of their body and relieve them from pain.
● It can provide an ideal temperature for their sleep.
● It can help in curing back, neck, and shoulder pains.
A Guide for Selecting the Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia
As the correct mattress for fibromyalgia can have so many benefits, it is crucial for the people suffering from the condition, to choose the correct one. They should remember that not every mattress is for everyone. Here are a few options that they can choose from, according to their requirements.
● Innerspring: This is ideal for people who need to maintain their sleep time temperature. The innerspring mattress will keep away their bedtime sweat. But if the person does not choose the expensive hybrid model, the mattress won’t provide enough support and longevity
● Natural Fiber: This mattress is ideal for people who have allergy problems along with fibromyalgia. Natural fiber keeps away the chemicals of the mattress while providing extra comfort.
● Memory Foam: People who suffer from severe pains can go for this. It provides them with extra support as it reduces pressure points. It also helps in maintaining body alignment, which can relieve their spinal or shoulder pains.